Thursday, 21 March 2013

Day 4: Ceremonious Applaud

"I don't like you"

"What happened"

 "You look like you have been in the wars"

"You should really do drama" 

I really like the people I work with, after an initial brazen introduction to my 10 day self, they quickly took to using my new rude attitude in their favour.

Take my manager Linda, rather than adopting a rather quizzical stance on my new behaviour, she harnessed it in favour of calling up some suppliers. Taking lemons and making lemonade, she did.

Or Mbali, who professed her undying love for me, wanting to see a sliver of my old self. She constantly wanted to give me a hug but she still merited my favour knowing deep within lies a big ole softy.

Thursday 21/03/13

12:15pm

It's my birthday today. Just as plain and simple as that sentence is, is how i feel. This whole moody attitude would have worked perfectly at home; there is something about not caring about what family says on the one day they supposed to care the most. However being at work and surrounded by the spoils of public holiday madness, meaning the store nest door is mentally destroying me one Rihanna, one Taylor Swift song at a time. Ah here is when I really wish I didn't have to do this assignment, just one day off, can't I?

Keeping the charade up is fun, sans the sleeping at home at 18:00pm because you know we bullies gotta converse our energy.

My first full day as a jock has gone with some form of difference, people seem to believe my "kick boxing" meets "rugby" stories, one lady even saying "that's just what boys do".I even used a bodily trick I have learned to master to make my eye appear swollen, which equals jackpot muhaha, plus a swollen face; yeah I'm in the money.

I love that look friends or even strangers get, that flash of "what happened here"- I think my whole altering of my disposition is working, its getting on people...

It's getting on me, isn't that the point.


No comments:

Post a Comment